Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Left Brain vs Right Brain Thinking Test

Thought is great and swift and free, the light of the world and the chief glory of man"

Principles of Social Reconstruction by Bertand Russell (1916)

You take the blue pill and the story ends. You wake up in your bed and you believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill and you stay in wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.

" Morpheus to Neo in "The Matrix" (1999)

How To Think Critically

The Right Brain vs Left Brain test ... do you see the dancer turning clockwise or anti-clockwise?

The Right Brain vs Left Brain test PerthNow

If clockwise, then you use more of the right side of the brain and vice versa.

Most of us would see the dancer turning anti-clockwise though you can try to focus and change the direction; see if you can do it.

LEFT BRAIN FUNCTIONS

Uses logic, detail oriented, facts rule, words and language, present and past, math and science, can comprehend, knowing, acknowledges, order/pattern perception, knows object name, reality based, forms strategies, practical, safe

RIGHT BRAIN FUNCTIONS


Uses feeling,"big picture" oriented, imagination rules, symbols and images, present and future, philosophy & religion, can "get it" (i.e. meaning), believes, appreciates, spatial perception, knows object function, fantasy based, presents possibilities, impetuous,
risk taking

I took this test and saw her moving clock wise. So I try to see it another way .. couldn't do it.

THEN - I begin reading the article and voila- as I'm deep into reading.. I see her from the corner of my eye dancing THE OTHER WAY!

I pick up my head to check it out ...and the witch is dancing once again clockwise..

Ok fine.. I go back to reading and when i'm deep into reading it again she does the same thing! Begins to dance counter clockwise.

I guess it would be fair to say that.. when I'm just thinking about nothing I think with my creative side. However, when I'm serious and THINKING - I work with the left side of my brain - the LOGICAL side!

Wow this test blew me away!

Let me know what you SEE and how your brain works.. this is interesting I want to see others opinions of what they see.

Copy her - Open her in a new window - do what ever you have to do to be able to see her out of the corner of your eye while reading something that will stimulate your mind where you would have to think clearly. See what happens.



Refresh - Go to homepage

No comments: